0 Comment Admin 2016-01-25
Google Analytics: An In-Depth Analysis
Google Analytics is a free web analytical tool which can help you create effective sites and increase return on investment on marketing campaigns. This incredible service from Google provides you with all the answers to the vital questions regarding your site as well as marketing activities such as how to improve site navigation, how to make marketing campaigns more effective, and so on. With Google’s Web analytics tool, you can easily monitor so many aspects of your site performance for instance;
- Where your visitors are coming from.
- The percentage of new visits-This is an important web analytic metric that indicates the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns in capturing visitors’ interest and whether those visitors are converting or becoming brand loyalists.
- Where your visitors are leaving your site.
- The manner in which your visitors actually interact with your pages i.e the pages in which they are staying long and the pages in which they are spending only a couple of seconds.
- Bounce rate- This is when a user visits only a single page on your site before bouncing off your site, in other words moving on to another site.
- The rate of conversion-This is the rate at which visitors go beyond casual viewing into taking measurable action. This might be a purchase, a banner click, a newsletter signup, or any other action. It’s important to keep an eye on your website conversion rate because getting more conversions out of your marketing campaigns is one of your primary goals.
- Social reports- You want to see just how many Web users are finding you through given social sites, and whether they are going there directly or are returning later.
You can then use the data you have obtained to make informed decisions, increase conversions, evaluate keyword and ad performance, as well as track an extensive variety of metrics all in a bid to improve your site performance.
How to Set Up a Google Analytics Account
Getting started with Google Analytics is as easy as pie. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps as shown below and you are good to go. So, are you ready for this?
1) Sign Up
Go to www.google.com/analytics and sign in with your current Google account. If you don’t have a Google account yet, create one before you visit the page. After you sign in to the Google Analytics page, you will see a “sign up” button to the right corner. Click the button, fill in the required details and complete step 1 by clicking the “get tracking ID” button.
2) Install the Tracking Code
After step one, Google will send you a tracking code to install on your website. Follow the simple instructions provided and you are good to go.
3) You Can Add a Second Admin User
Your Google Analytics account is now fully set up. However, you may want to add a second user just as a back-up plan should you forget your sign in details. To do so, follow the simple instructions provided and click the “add” button at the bottom of the page to conclude the process.